- Saturday (Sabado Tour): 10 am – meet at the City Hall steps at De la Guerra Plaza
- Sunday (Domingo Tour): 10 am – meet at the Downtown Public Library courtyard entrance on Anapamu Street
- Tours offered every week, weather permitting.
- $10.00 donation per person.
- Tour Duration: Approximately an hour and a half
Experience Santa Barbara—its architecture and its past—in a unique and personal way. Join us in a small group walking tour of the downtown area. Led by highly knowledgeable docents of the Architectural Foundation, the tour focuses on architectural styles, significant and historic buildings, aesthetics, past and present building usage, and landscape history. Discover why Santa Barbara is called “The American Riviera,” and why the News Press lauds our educational walkabouts.
We’ll lead you to hidden courtyards, secret fountains and original adobes. Photographic opportunities abound and our leisurely pace invites relaxed enjoyment. View at first hand varying architectural traditions and appreciate up close Santa Barbara’s hallmarks: hand-made tiles, wrought iron detailing, stonework, balconies, doorways, arches and fragrant plantings.
Adjacent City lot parking is available for both tours. The tours are an easy walking stroll. Bring your camera and friends. All are welcome, including children, but please know that the tour is an hour and half long of walking with lots of detailed information. Children under 12 are free but must be accompanied by an adult. Please, no strollers.
SPECIAL GROUP TOURS:
- Tours for private groups and the physically challenged can be arranged.
- Special tours for groups larger than 10 people may be arranged at least two weeks in advance, and can be scheduled for any day of the week.
- For further information on large, private, or special tours, please email us or call (805) 965-6307.